Sunday, April 8, 2012

Habit

One thing that determines a person's success is highly dependent on his HABIT. What we repeatedly do or think forms our habit either positive or negative. Our habit are actions or thoughts we do it automatically. I learned from my mentors that we need to cultivate a positive habit to be successful. We need to get rid of negative habits. Mere example is watching television. There are people who spend time on television longer than they spend time reading an inspirational book. Watching television per se is not bad but when it is done unproductively then it becomes a negative habit. Another example is often late during appointments or meetings. Sometimes this affect our integrity. Worse habit is worrying. Worrying most of the time kills our energy and enthusiasm. Once we entertain worry, then next thing we know we are already filled with anxiety and fear. This is also my experience. That is why, I could say that my greatest enemy to achieving success is myself due to my habits.

Everyone has his own set of negative habits. It is necessary to get rid of it so that it will not impede our success in the future. Be aware of our negative habits so that we can make solution to change it. I know it is hard to eliminate right away but determination is the key. Have the habit of getting rid of negative habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment